View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 11:19 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfla View Post
Thanks. Excellent view. It can be looked at differently by each person, but all I see is McCraken bumping CE and pushing CE to the inside of the track - where he probably wanted to be anyways. IMO, its marginal if the start cost CE any final positioning.
The flow in the run to the first turn was steady and the field separation was ideal for minimizing ground loss on the turn. I thought it was one of the more uneventful runs to the first turn comparatively speaking.

Hence was the only horse losing ground to the field in the 1st 1/16 of a mile which can be seen on the overhead view ( yellow cap with black silks ) . Hence actually got a good start despite the chart caller's " in tight at the break " comment. Once he checked out of his position Geroux yanked him toward the rail right outside of Lookin at Lee. He was further outrun by LAL throughout the remainder of the race so it's difficult for me to make a case for him.Though given the Preakness post positions it wouldn't surprise if he gets first run on LAL for the underneath slots.

Last edited by Port Conway Lane : 05-18-2017 at 11:33 AM.