View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 10:40 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Sorry if I don't think it's worth seriously engaging with someone who thinks Bad Read Sanchez and B Squared would've been superstars if not for their owner
Oh, so Pavel's a superstar now after winning a Parx Grade 3? Never mind that I never said that any of the horses I listed were superstars, but any person who can read a past performance (even a completely rage-blinded cretin) can see that each of those horses' careers were completely derailed by bad management. Maidens in stakes, Grade 1 comebacks for non-stakes winners, etc. In many cases, the ends of those careers were not pretty.

Quote:
or that the El Cajon is a race worth pointing to with a top-class 3-year-old
I guess you ignored all the Grade 1 winners that came out of that race that I listed in last months unsolicited post-race discussion. Oh, and you didn't notice that the classic-placed colt Battle of Midway romped over Santa Anita Derby winner Gormley and Grade 1 winner Klimt in this year's edition.

Quote:
or that Mike Smith doesn't know what he's doing because he narrowly beat a "four-horse Delaware stakes winner" who then came back to destroy the field in the Alabama.
More hyperbole. Smith rode a bad race, that's it. Nothing against his entire career. Apparently, you don't take criticism (even if it isn't directed at you) very well.

Oh, and as for Elate, yeah, I can't believe she won the Alabama with Abel Tasman noticeably absent. Shocking turn of events that she was able to beat a Grade 1 turf filly and a Grade 1 Polytrack filly.

Quote:
I look forward to more smugness and total unwillingness to consider other viewpoints
No, I considered your narrow viewpoint regarding the CCA Oaks, and I picked it apart. That's what a response with some substance entails. Not the silly name-calling and childish "Gotcha!" hit-and-runs that you specialize in.

Quote:
even when you're shown to be a total nitwit pretending to know more than some of the most successful people in racing.
You still don't realize that Pavel was an also-ran in the Jim Dandy. Well, at least you knew it wasn't a Grade 1.

And yet, he's already achieved superstar status in your "viewpoint".

Quote:
Really makes for great discourse.
Only if its post-race.