View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
And yeah, what a huge drop in class this was, considering how well the Jim Dandy horses came back to run in the Travers.
Nice try, but seeing how Pavel ran off the board in the Jim Dandy and won this race by open lengths, what does that tell you about the field today (if you couldn't tell from the past performances)?

Quote:
You're the one who wrote off the horse's entire career because they decided to take a shot with him, I told you you were being ridiculous.
You're just putting words into my mouth. I suggested he ought to have pointed for something like the El Cajon at Del Mar. Sure enough, they regrouped and went for a second tier stakes. Good for them, logical move.

Funny enough, you laughed at the El Cajon, a race that drew Grade 1 winners and classic placed horses with the winner registering a triple digit Beyer.

Of course, I guess there's always the possibility that the plan all along was to win a sprint debut late in the season, run off the board in the Jim Dandy next out, and then put it all together in the Smarty Jones at Parx.

Quote:
That was before the race, wasn't it?
You've got to be kidding. Your last post on Pavel was over a month ago, but you're gonna suggest it was in reference to a start in the Smarty Jones?

Quote:
God forbid you eat a little crow.
Why would I eat crow? I was singing the horse's praises in terms of talent all along. But as I said before, this is a long-term game and just because Pavel recovered from a botched and overreaching try in the Jim Dandy to win a Grade 3 at Parx doesn't mean it was the right move to run at Saratoga nor that he'll be handled more conservatively in the future. He'll obviously now knock heads with West Coast in the Pennsylvania Derby next and regardless of performance will probably show up in the BC Classic.

If I eat crow about anything its for saying the Jim Dandy was a Grade 1 after drawing two classic winners.

Quote:
Best to just go on making excuses for your smug, unfounded trashing of his connections.
Unfounded?

Bad Read Sanchez, Ontology, Know More, Wake Up Nick, Ralis, Found Money, Sam's Ace, Frensham, B Squared, Land Over Sea, Jimmy Bouncer, Indexical, Gomo, Bond Holder, He's Had Enough, The Humancomplaint, Boxer des Rues, Rum Point, Electric Eddie, Concave, Eddie's First, Morning Coffee, Blabimir, You Missed It,...