View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i wonder if anyone questioned the course of treatment with nuryev....he went thru hell, and ended up making it. or your host, sire of kelso, who fractured a shoulder and was laid down in sand to heal. walked for the rest of his life with a pronounced limp.
there were those who criticized the treatment of sunday silence. they didn't euthanize him as long as there was hope. when he finally laid down, they knew that was it.

barbaro according to all reports has been alert, bright eyed, full of enery and with a healthy appetite from the get-go. they have said from the beginning that as long as he will be pain free, they're willing to try. and no doubt barbaro appreciates that.
as long as there is life, there is hope. i won't second guess one thing they've done, nor will i second guess anything they do from here on out.
i know that when the laminitis was first discovered, mrs jackson wanted him put down. but dr richardson and mr jackson looked at barbaro, who was looking right back at them, and said no-not yet.
they've taken extreme measures with him--but this IS an extreme situation.

i will be really surprised if he has a long life. but he's done nothing but surprise me from day one. so who knows?