View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Havre de Grace

I still wince when I hear the name of Sarava and Thundergulch. I have done some pretty dumb things at the racetrack before, but probably none as dumb as with these 2 horses. I remember Sarava's race all too well. That was the year that it looked like Baffert might have the triple crown winner.
I considered Sarava and thought well, it might be a good idea to throw a place ticket on him and that wasn't the worst of it because he paid $50 bucks to place, but I also put a straight up exacta on him under Medaglia D'Oro and I imagine you know how they finished.

On Thundergulch, I remember that one all too well too. Was sharing a table with a lady at Oaklawn and she asked me who I liked. I said, "I like Thundergulch, but nobody else does, so I guess I'll pass."

But I guess, I've had a few winners too like Charasmatic and I was all over Pleasantly Perfect when he won the BC Classic and Drosselmeyer when he won the Belmont and some others I can't remember. Can't think of the maiden winner that Lukas won the Belmont with, but I had him too.