Thread: This is awful
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
It's a Florida thing. Not Scuds' theory of, they have other things to do. It is because a huge majority of the people living in Florida, aren't from Florida (I was in a meeting at work this week and of the 12 people around the table, not one was native Floridian). These people all have allegiences to the teams they grew up rooting for in whatever city they are from.
Well, L.A. has the same situation, but we have core Angel fans, Dodger Fans, Lakers Fans etc. You have core fans, too, but you're a 3rd as big as us. So, the problem is more apparent. Some of this has to do with the size of the market. If you were three or four times bigger, nobody would notice it nearly as much. I think Atlanta, n' Miami are two markets that people tend to think are much bigger than they actually are.

I have to say, though, that a city that allows large numbers of fans of another team into their house is pathetic. There is no excuse for that crap. I don't care what you got to do, you need to discourage these people. It is the ultimate disrespect for your players to have their home field advantage eroded. Maybe not physical damage, but certainly they should have food stains on them when they leave. Even if your team sucks so bad that you don't want to watch, you still need to keep your house from being taken over by this scum of the world. There's no excuse for a city to allow this. I am serious about that. There is not to be allowed. If you move to another city, then, you either support that team or you stay home, n' watch your team play on t.v. When you go back to your old city, then you go see your team. This crap we got going on now(with Yanks, Bosox, Cubs, even Phils fans) is a tragedy. They are so bold, and I despise these people. If only terminal cancer patients etc. loved their teams enough to hand out disciplinary actions. Empty seats are usually a sign that the management isn't listening to the fans that pay the bills. That's normal for a losing team's fans to show their anger, but having other team's fans in your house is really sick.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 11-20-2010 at 08:49 PM.