View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 07:35 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
For me, I just appreciate the performances. If I only get it twice a year, it doesn't make it any less impressive.
So when horses like Precisionist and Spectacular Bid win a race like this on the back of 20+ starts and multiple full campaigns at 2 and 3 they're not doing something more impressive than what Flightline just did off a(another) layoff, on a sealed racetrack against a relatively paceless and unaccomplished field?

Flightline is "the best horse" because he can rip the heads off starter allowance horses in a sprint race once every 3 months?

Quote:
As a fan, I just want to see the best horses.
..once every 3 months and when they do show up, rarely against one another?

Maybe the racing industry can embrace this whole heartedly and get back on its feet by charging $39.95 for Pay-Per-View...

Quote:
Tell me you're not looking forward to Life is Good vs Knicks Go in the Pegasus and then Life is Good vs Flightline in the Met Mile.
About as much as I was looking forward to the Knicks Go vs. Charlatan match up in Saudi Arabia last year. I'm presuming that you're OK with Life is Good not having a start between those 2 races? Can we agree that Flightline ought to at least start in the Grade 2 7f Triple Bend (I hesitate to suggest something so demanding as the Carter) between now and the Met Mile?

At any rate, the odds are better that Life is Good and Flightline will BOTH be retired by Belmont Stakes Day than both being entered in the Met Mile...