View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 08:47 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Amazing that the second fastest Preakness in history scored a 105 beyer. I realize it’s October, not May, but seems light. Cool feat to win the Preakness and Alabama Stakes in the same year.

After 20 years + of having access to people like Rollo, Nick Tam, Serling, CJ, and the others I have learned so much about racing, mostly through osmosis. I even bought and read Beyer on Speed to understand at a rudimentary level how figs are made. You have been on this board for decades and you still don't have even a basic understanding of how figures are scientifically assigned, its really quite an achievement. Why not spend a few hours learning why a figure is what it is and what goes into the process vs. just making some random post that is without merit and doesn't have a morsel of foundation?

There are times that fig makers have genuine conflicts and diverse assessments of a race. It's really quite interesting to listen too, but you need to understand fig 101 for it to make any sense. Give it a try