View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 06:43 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
and i have no doubt barring the hoof issue, he would have been a derby entrant. there's too much attention being paid to the trainers' comments now that the horse is no longer a potential starter.
of course key horses, especially the champ 2 yo, will be a separate betting interest as long as they're a potential starter.
sorry that i don't share the outrage. i just don't see a reason believe there's nefarious behavior here. all 23 individual entrants could end up out of the race. then what? will future bettors be saying there shouldn't be a future bet at all?
I think this example gives more proof that they should open it up to a lot more individual betting interests than 23. If you bet a future in the NFL or any other major sport, they have odds for every single team. Should be the same for horse racing instead of 23 horses hand picked by a few people.

If every triple crown nominated horse was available to wager on, I'd have zero problem with the secrecy around Shared Belief's connections to not point to the derby.