Thread: Egypt
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 03:19 AM
Morris Park

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
The horse is definitely going to be a horse to look at next out. I'm not exactly sure how someone can be sure they want to bet against him next out based on it being his second time running in the US. I'm also not sure how he's a mortal cinch next time either. But, he's one to keep an eye on next time, thanks for the heads up.
Yes, he is not a "mortal cinch" next time out, but here is why I think he is a huge play.

1) He made a winning move into the stretch, but had no room for at least forty yards in the stretch, which, from my view, he would have been right there.

2) This horse is by Dansili, out of a Royal Academy mare, which is, in my opinion, far superior breeding than most of the stock in this country.

3) And this is the big "IF", IF they give him Lasix for his second start, this should improve him tremendously next time out.

4) They didn't send this horse over here to be a "rabbit" for another horse, I believe they think they have a pretty good horse, just maybe not good enough to run against those monsters in Europe, but more than good enough to beat the competition in the U.S.

These are the reasons I am so headstrong on this horse.

Brash prediction: Egypt will win his next race (I HOPE!!), and will win a stakes race on the grass before the end of the meet.