View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
'Nine days after ending her case against Mrs. Romney and the Ebelings, Ms. Norris settled with Dr. Herthel. The veterinarian’s lawyer, Mr. Schwartz, said his client paid no money. “They did not have a viable case and they quit,” he said.'

it sounds like the case must have had no merit.
No. It sounds like Mitt Romney got Ann's name off the court case, in exchange for a refund of the $125,000 plus expenses for what is an unrideable pasture ornament, and no charges filed for fraud, because he was running for president even then.

Quote:
but hey, that doesn't matter-it's an easy way to attack someone who isn't even mentioned in the original suit, and whose spouse wasn't in the final resolution. but considering who started this three page line of bs, i can't say i'm surprised that it's been brought up.
Romney is the landowner of the farm mentioned in the suit, the trainer is his express employee on that farm, and was Ann Romney's direct agent.

And I'm not surprised at those here who are insisting the Romneys were not shocked that Ann's chronically lame horse, with ringbone, that couldn't be shown because it was lame, was magically sound one day, sold as an upper level dressage horse, for $125,000.

Because that's just ... normal. It was all the vet's fault according to those here. Not the trainer (who gave another painkiller on his owner as the owners legal agent).

Owners were clueless but thrilled they suddenly made such a windfall profit on Ann's lame, useless horse. One man's lame, useless, former dressage horse is - with the magic of four sedatives/painkillers - suddenly an upper level dressage horse again, and expensive! Horayy! Business deals are great!

Seriously? You guys expect the world to buy this fantasy defense of the Romney's selling a drugged-sound horse for big bucks? Of course ! The trainer and the Romneys are completely innocent. The vet did it all - in secret? - and the buyer - the victim of this fraud - well, it's her fault for getting taken for $125,000! The only people at fault here on Derby Trail are the vet and the purchaser. Why, if the Romneys and trainer had known someone was trying to buy their lame, ex-dressage horse they would have stepped in and prevented it! They knew the horse wsn't lame.

Please. I'm ROFLMAO at the Romney defenders. The sad thing is I know may of you guys like horses.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts