View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 02:57 PM
Oriental Park

As an Eagles fan, I’m disappointed with the result. I disagree with that penalty being called. It was inconsistent with how the game was officiated. But there’s nothing that can be done. It’s over.

I actually think the playing field should be getting more attention than the call. It completely negated the Eagles pass rush, which is the backbone of their entire defense. Sure, it made for a fun, high scoring game but neither defensive line could do much of anything. It is inexcusable for the field to be in that condition for the Super Bowl. And while both teams had to play on the same field, the Eagles defensive line and defense was hurt by it more than the Chiefs (in my opinion) because the entire defense is predicated on pressure from a 4-man rush.

But again, nothing can be done about it. I just think that’s the bigger story. An absolute embarrassment for the NFL to have the field in that condition. Refs can F up a call in a split second. It happens. They had months/years to get the playing surface right and failed.