View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigree Ann
Foreign participation isn't going to increase in the foreseeable future. Southern Hemisphere horses aren't going to come because they are in the midst of their own classic carnivals and most would have to supplement. The Japanese would have to supplement, too, and their purses are much bigger than ours. George Washington's fate is going to discourage Euros from trying the Classic for a bit of time. The three turf races are going to contiue to get a mix of good and second level horses, since by the end of October many of the Euros are 'over the top' (ready for a rest after a long season) or 'gone in their coats' (started growing a winter coat and presumed to have gone into a winter metabolism).
i doubt george will keep everyone else out. that's the only horse in over 20 years of trying that has lost his life. i certainly hope that the euros are made of sterner stuff. i don't see them avoiding their own turf races after dylan thomas' breakdown.

also, don't forget the races next year are on all weather. if anything, more euros will make the attempt at classic glory.