View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm5647 View Post
I know that everyone is consumed with last minute Derby capping but I had to post this. I am in IL and have been going to AP for 40+ years. Very infrequently in the last 3 or 4 years since they seemed to want to squeeze every nickel out of their customers. By the time you paid admission, program, maybe a beer and a hot dog you were already down $50+. When I saw the promotions offered at other tracks, free or reduced admission $1 dogs and beers I came to the conclusion that they really didn't look beyond the bottom line. I have been almost exclusively on-line and local OTB for years. I was surprised to see on-line that AP was offering free admission on opening day and $1 dogs and $1 beer. I looked further and they have scheduled regular reduced admission and food items all year. In the past when I questioned AP staff about the lack of fan friendly promotions I was told it was a liability issue and if a patron over imbibed and had an accident AP would be liable. I always thought that was bull since my primary focus at the track was to make money and too many beers would severely hinder my decisions. Glad to see that I may be able to visit beautiful AP this summer and not pay $8 for a draft beer if I got thirsty. Glad to see they came to their senses.
Tom
I can't resist doing math. it's in my blood.
lets figure on the high side.
Beer 8.00
Hot Dog 7.00
program 7.00
is admission really 28.00+ dollars to walk through the door?