View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
Nice try ... but it was you who brought up the subject of slavery ... and ...

... and I never said that the British brought slavery to the Americas ... I said that the United States inherited slavery from the British colonialists ... since all 13 colonies were under British control at the time we declared our independence.

I really hope you'll follow my advice and spend some time reading Thomas Sowell. All of his opinion columns are archived at townhall.com. Pick any ten at random and read them through.

Your horizon will be expanded ... and your mind will be opened to a different way of viewing the world ... and you'll be on your way to a more satisfying life. You may then want to read a few of the dozens of books he has written.

And while you're at townhall.com ... read a few of their other dozens of columnists. You'll be enlightened and inspired ... and you'll never fall sway to leftist agitprop again.

Good luck ... and happy 4th.
I will certainly go to Townhall.com as per your advice.
I'm always looking to expand and understand. My mind remains open to differing views.
Have a great 4th.

May I ask, where did I make mention of slavery? I thought I was talking about librarians.

Last edited by Downthestretch55 : 07-04-2006 at 04:28 PM.