View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
Went over this morning and saw Sumwon gallop - I believe Chuck said this was her first gallop after her race. She looks great - didn't seem to lose any weight, she was happy and calm in her stall, friendly, a bit spoiled looking for her peppermints <g>

Cherie jogged her down into the chute, did a few big circles with her to relax her, then brought her back out and let her gallop easily for a bit. She was moving very nicely, very relaxed - when they left the track, the filly got a bit fussy - Cherie thought she wanted to stay out on the track, and do more.

Sumwon likes her work. She has simply thrived and blossomed under Chuck's and Cherie's care!

Sumwon trivia! Chuck called the racing office - Sumwon's "real" birthday is April 4. We missed a DT party opportunity :-(

AND spent the afternoon at Keeneland, so I stopped by the photographer. There are about 9 pictures that include Sumwon from her race. I ordered three - a good paddock pic with James up, showing the DT silks well; a picture just after the break, when she was laying outside on the stretch about 4 back, the first time past the finish line (good racing pic); and a good paddock picture. Will pick them up in a few days.

I don't know if there is a KEE or photog website others can look at these, anybody? I forgot to ask the KEE photographer.

A Sumwon sort of day As usual, Chuck was more than gracious and fun to be with! Thanks, Chuck!
i nosed around the keeneland site a bit, go to :

patlangphotos.com to order phots. according to keeneland, about 1k photos are taken a day.

i'm looking now to see if any are available of sumwon!

thanks for the update.