View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Post
I guess the point is,I could never use Tiago on Top,2nd 3rd or 4th yes.

As far as Mig. giving that horse King of the Roxy a good ride. NO !!!
Way to wide for my liking.Plently of time to settle in and get a better trip then what he got.
Settle where though? You can't settle with a horse that has natural early speed like that from 8 paths out. He let him 'settle' on the backstretch when he got him to relax. That enabled him to get as close to winning as he did. There are only so many battles you can win in a race. You make tactical decisions that are designed to get your horse as close to the wire "whole" as you can. Mig did that well. Note that he kept going when all the other speed-attending runners had stoped. Again.. he was caught in the shadow of the wire.. beaten less than 2 jumps.

Last edited by Kasept : 04-07-2007 at 10:23 PM.