View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Why does the Selection Committee make rules for structuring the bracket and then blatantly disregard them when putting it together? They are never supposed to give a lower seed homefield advantage in the first round yet they have 10 seed South Alabama playing in Birmingham against Butler and 10 seed Davidson playing in NC against Gonzaga. That should never happen. The most ridiculous part of it is that they could have simply switched South Alabama and Davidson and eliminated the issue. It isn't like moving them would have violated other rules and forced them to shuffle around the entire bracket. And it isn't like the games aren't selling out where they need regional teams to draw interest.
The Butler seeding is bizarre beyond belief. I was looking back at last year and they were 27-6...didn't win the Horizon LEague tourney...I'm not sure even if they won the regular season outright?? But they were a 5 seed. This year they go 29-3...win the regular season outright...conference tourney and are a 7 seed playing an Alabama team in Alabama...after making the sweet 16 last year giving Florida their toughest game. And no bad losses either...lost by 1 point and 4 points on the road to the two other 20 win teams in their conference (clev state and wright state) and to Drake.

Their situation is quite odd to say the least. How they were seeded two slots higher last year than this year makes no sense. I thought they and Drake were 4 or 5 seeds at the lowest this year both of them. Butler by far got the biggest shaft in the NCAA tourney this year.