View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
I want to warn anybody right now that likes Baylor in the first round to change their picks ASAP. As a Mizzou alum, I follow the Big 12 very closely and I assure you that Baylor made this tournament based solely on their early-season accomplishments.
When they beat Texas A&M in that ridiculous 5 OT game near the end of January they improved their overall record to 16-2. Since then they have been 5-8 which includes a loss to a pretty pathetic Colorado team in the Big 12 tournament.
In addition, Jerrells simply hasn't looked like himself in the last five game.

I know the Big 10 isn't particularly strong this year, but Purdue seems to be significantly better now than they were at the begining of the year, while the opposite holds true for the Bears.

I have a tough time backing any six seed that lost at home to Wofford. Losing to Illinois first round in their tourney doesn't exactly inspire confidence that they improved a ton. It is just too bad they drew Baylor. Neither of them belong in the round of 32. Why couldn't we have got USC-Baylor and Purdue-KState? Georgia may have the easiest path to the Sweet 16 of any 14 seed ever.