View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Steve Byk

As I've said before, and having deleted the silliness, I won't have nonsense from elsewhere spilling over here... So we're ending that portion of the discussion please...

As to the matter at hand, the objectionable element of the 'three breakdowns, three days' post centered around the use of the word 'snappers'... It disgusted me and infuriated Bethani, who works hands-on with horses FOR A LIVING.

I privately and quietly asked those that used the word to refrain from using it again as I think it is callous and demonstrates to race fans a portrait of thoughtlessness. Rather than simply acknowledge the inappropriateness though, I can see this is being taken in another direction. Bethani can address Mike's thoughts herself, but I'll simply say that the germination of the issue is the word 'snappers'... IMO, using that term rendered the rest of the post indefensible as to intent.

And since she won't say it herself but was clearly challenged above as to credibility: Bethani unquestionably knows more, and will continue to know more, about racehorses, (and most other equine), their physiology, care and maintainence, than virtually anyone here.

Last edited by Kasept : 12-10-2006 at 03:14 PM.