View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Saratoga

Oh they won't mind of I copy it...

Yea!

MICK IS DELIGHTED, WE UNINTENTIONALLY LIED - HALICARNASSUS IS BACK!

To a list that includes Lazarus, Frank Sinatra, Muhammad Ali, Elvis Presley, Bobby Ewing & even Luke Harvey, you can now add HALICARNASSUS.

You really couldn't make it up!

He arrived back at West Ilsley early this morning, in spite of our much heralded fond goodbye last week when he headed out to Turkey to compete in the Bosphorus Cup before remaining there as a Stallion.

We only achieved half of the job however!

Mick is delighted but we're not sure about a horse who was no doubt enjoying the sunshine and the prospect of a change of pace. His trainer on the other hand loves his sport.

"Ha ha ha! I knew the quarantine laws wouldn't let me down! There's a million restrictions and he's had to return to us before going back which is bloody stupid but also why we had him provisionally booked on yesterday's flight just in case.

"The Atman Family are happy if we can keep Halicarnassus happy so we may have jumped the gun with announcing that he'll never see a racetrack again! He's back, fine and well and will be off to Turkey once we've jumped through a few more hoops with the quarantine officials.

"He ran a super race in the Bosphorus Cup and battled all the way home against some quality opposition. Age has blunted his speed a fraction but that's not a crime and we'll see how he is in the next few weeks.

"He's a nightmare to lock in a box and I wouldn't be surprised if he was out racing sooner rather than later. It's an added bonus I suppose so we apologise for the false information - it wasn't our intention to mislead!"

http://mickchannon.tv/page/news