Thread: What not to eat
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek View Post
It is sad that an institution, who declares to be a leader in marine education, would ignore the offers to transition Lolita to a better life. The only explanation that most can come up with is the amount of money they are making from the "see a killer whale perform with dolphins" show. I couldn't even watch the video of how these animals were captured.

Thanks for taking action.
Honestly? I can't watch those either.

Who does their pr? Same geniuses as racing? The answer stares them in the face.

This could be the great event of the year.

They announce they will be closing down, have a nationwide contest... you know like "best improvement idea" or something and get it out there in the schools... (give the winner a trip for the reopening)...

Annonce that they will take the lead, they will set Lolita free, start marketing the route (aka the space shuttle Endeavours trek through LA), selling I don't know banners etc. for a minimum $10. donation...

I have a friend who, every time we get together, we try to come up with stuff.

My last idea was since McDonalds now lists their calories, etc. (I don't eat that crap, for the record!) they should have shiny new whatever the things are called that tell you what you've ordered and the amount... that info should show up there so it's right in front of you.

She disagreed, saying no it will make people stop eating it.

No it won't! If you're in a drive thru and that's what you want you WILL order it. At most maybe change the fries from large to medium or something, right?

But if that is what you're there for no it won't.

BUT it will make them look like the first fast food company to really care lol. It it marketing.

Same thing here.This goes on and on and on and so change it, set the poor thing free BUT do it with pizzazz... rasie and spend money, improve the whole place, make it the premiere attractoin AND the one that is kind and beneficial for sea creatures.

I mean there has got to be a way.

It's frustrating and it's like the Wise Dan thread all over again. Why is marketing so difficult for some to understand?

Set her free and make it a huge national event.

This would work. Everyone benefits.

(THis of course because obviously they lack souls and heart and need to have some profit from doing what is right).

Sighty too bad we can't go down there ourselves and do it huh?