Thread: nhl
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
there are no helmet to helmet hits in hockey. Comparing football is apples and oranges. No helmets mean everyone is vulnerable, and the dirty play stops.They played for many years with no helmets and there were not many concussions. Alot of missing teeth, yes, but ther are better mouthpieces now. Don't forget there is a money incentive here, both for players and owners.
yep, they played for years without helmets, and looking back, they were insane.

yes, i know there typically aren't helmet to helmet hits in hockey. that was my point. helmets in hockey prevent a variety of injuries besides a helmet to helmet, including pucks getting shot into someone's head. you think those puck hits would magically end because they stop wearing helmets? when a guy goes to block a shot in a power play kill, the puck won't ever have a chance of hitting him in the head? with modern sticks, with more flex, and more speed in a shot, you want to get hit in the head with that frozen rubber? no helmet, no visor. i think a lot of players like their visors. we had a guy in the nhl almost lose an eye because of no visor.
i tell you what, you go play a season as an experiment, without a helmet, and let me know how that works out for you.
and what exactly is the point of your last line?