View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
I have always said that he is the best in racing when riding (without pressure)on prices.My only issue with the guy is when he rides chalk. Now your seeing what we saw last year(the guy is a terrific price horse rider.) He rides great on anything 7/2 or above.
There may be some truth to what you've been saying. Gomez can ceratinly move a horse up way more than a guy like Prado. Gomez can get much more run out of a horse than Prado.

On the other hand, Prado seems to be a bit more conistent. Based on a limited sample, Gomez has been more likely to give a bad ride on a favorite than Prado.

But overall, you're going to make much more money betting on Gomez than Prado. Gomez moves horses up so much that you have to look out for any horse that he's on. He and Patrick Valenzuela are the only two jockeys in the country that I think you can say this for. With Gomez and Valenzuela, you actually have to consider that the horse may improve by a couple lengths because they seem to move horses up so much.