View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
now, am i the only one calling bullsh!t when jess jackson was being interviewed before the race, or is it the cynic in me rearing it's head? he gave all those wonderful, flowery reasons for running curlin this year. but do we really believe it was for sportsmanship, for the game, the horses legacy, etc? or was it the only choice due to the legalities surrounding the horse? i think it's because not one stud farm out there would touch him because of midnight cry, and all the surrounding issues to go with it.
No, you weren't the only one. It was making me nuts. I was happy Curlin ran this year; it was a lot of fun watching him win Dubai, and watching him try the turf, etc., but I don't think if there weren't legal issues around that last 20 percent of him that we would have seen this. Did you notice when Jackson started to say something about without the fans there's no sport he stumbled over his words and it ended up garbled? Because I think by that point even he couldn't spout something so blatantly untrue. It's not about us and never is.

That aside, it was still a nice way to spend the evening (I had to work Sat and watched the races on DVR). Yay for everyone coming back safe!

Does anyone know how many European horses ran versus how many American? The math nerd in me is curious how the win percentages Euro vs. American came out.