View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Seriously? Have you taken a close look at who she has beaten?

I think she's going to burn a LOT of money in subsequent starts. I understand given the overall quality of Saturday's race she may get a piece, and she was able to overcome dynamics last time, but she beat absolutely nothing. I understand how the pace affected the race but I still side with the poor field quality to judge her.
Performing isn't terrible even though she's not overly classy - she won by 4 1/2 next out and then won one of the races on the big carryover day. . . but I agree - Desert Sage hasn't beaten much. I have a hard time tying her to the fields she ran against, though, because she beat them so easily and while coming home extremely quickly with less-than-advantageous set-ups. I refuse to swallow 4-5 on the very overrated Shared Account--even though she still towers over these on paper--and think there's enough of a chance that Desert Sage is as good as she looked to me visually to key her hard against the chalk. I guess I still have to use Shared Account, though. These races kind of suck compared to Churchill's Derby Day card. . .