Thread: NFL Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

I can't believe the new consensus going around is that Justin Blackmon isn't an elite player in this draft.

They're now saying this draft has five of them (Luck, RG3, Richardson, 4-Wonderlic LSU CB, and Kalil)

Blackmon won back-to-back Biletnikoff awards and no one could cover him over the middle of the field.

Oaklahoma State outdueled RG3's Baylor team and Luck's Stanford team (with 4 1st rounders) and Blackmon was the best player on the field both times.

He's not all that big and not all that straight line fast -- but he has that soccer player shift to him like Wes Welker and Victor Cruz (both undrafted) and he's got incredible hands, range, and body control like those two guys. To me, he's a bigger, stronger, faster Welker and Cruz.

Five years ago - Blackmon would be tagged as a great possession and YAC reciever - but now because of the ref re-positioning and the rules changes - his type of WR is absolutely allowed to get away with murder. How can you guard a guy like this when you're not allowed to touch him, hit him hard, and the middle is opened up by ref repositioning on top of everything else.

I like Blackmon. I like Kalil. To me, those are the only two sure bets in the Draft. Luck and Griffin are both media cumshots. Luck is very cerebral but his arm is avg. Griffin is track speed with a great release and good arm...but he lacks the cerebral approach and he is skinny and not a good runner with the football.

Mike Vick and Cam Newton were GREAT runners with the football in college. They made linebackers look like complete fools with jukes and vision ... Griffin runs like someone with no vision, no power, and no ball carrying moves.

Just my observation now that I've watched those cool game film videos.