View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Well we finally won a shake. The filly is slightly built and a bit nervous but seemingly sound. Sumitas makes some good points as she has shown some versitility in her brief career and has made slow progress in her figures without yet making that leap to where she is a better class of horse. As much as we all crave action with this venture, we also did not want to get into a situation where we claim a horse and need to give them 3 months off or worse and in this situation I think we did fine. She still has all her conditions including allowance and conditional claiming races which gives us a lot of options. I also believe that with a little care and a patient rider, we can move this filly up the ladder a bit. I dont know where we will run her next as I want to try to get her going in the right direction first but Tampa on Dec 15 or 28th could be a goal. I am not sure she is good enough for allowance horses at FG but they usually have claimers for Fillies and mares but the genius racing secretary has none in the first condition book for fillies though he has 3 for colts. I dont think she will be ready to run in the first condition book at Churchill but there may be something in the second one later in the meet. All in all I think we did ok with this filly and if we can move her just a bit in the right direction we will have some fun. Plus we still have a couple bucks in the kitty and may be able to squeeze out a $5k claimer or something like that.

Whooohooo! Congrats Chuck.