View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 10:30 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGuido View Post
We need a bunch of magical fairies right now to heal all the hateful minds and hearts and comfort the sorrow of so many Covid losses. Does anybody know where we can find a bunch of magical fairies?
Don, I'm not sure that they can be classified as either magical or fairies, but if you just look around I think that you will find many who do not have hatred in their hearts or minds and who desire just like you to find peace, solace and a reason for optimism. I have found courtesy and a gentle humor among fellow shoppers as we try to navigate the one way aisles in the grocery store during the early morning hours set aside for seniors; there seems to be an extra warmth in the exchanges of pleasantries when walking about the neighborhood, as a "how are you?" inquiry really is asking about the state of your well being and a concern for your health.

Perhaps if we can wean ourselves of cable news and the obsession with the contact sport of what passes for political discourse we can all find a little bit of that magic that you refer to.