View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
I'm kind of surprised Wine Police is getting lost in the wagering. He's no world beater, but he's kept solid company his entire career. Other than The Factor, who can say that in this race?

It's possible that there's still a significant gap between the stakes 3yos and the allowance level 3yos. While Smash, Hoorayforhollywood, Centralinteligence, Rothko, et al look like they have bright futures, there's something to be said for being "battle tested". Smash was rejected by Coil in their comeback last May, then was no threat to Indiano in FL. Hoorayforhollywood was edged by Decisive Moment, a Kentucky Derby longshot and Grade 3 type (at best), at Delta Downs. Centralinteligence beat a thoroughly toasted Runflatout in his allowance score. The 4 horses that placed to Rothko in his lopsided allowance wins have done nothing since, save for My Man Marty winning a subsequent 20k claimer.

At any rate, this isn't my idea of a Grade 1.

I get everything your saying, I just dont see Wine Police improving that much. Has he even ran back to his career debut yet this year?