View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrault Robbed View Post
I forecast Bodemeister winning the Preakness and running 2nd to Princess Arabella in the Belmont.

Considering the odds I am hearing, he is the first horse I throw out of the Derby. In my opinion, Baffert is short a race with this horse. He let him roll in the Ark Derby because there was little pace and he needed money to get in the Derby. I think this field is much better than the ones which Smarty Jones, Barbaro, and Big Brown were able to rate, pounce and win. The fact of the matter is the horse has never rated. He did look a lot more comfortable when the hood came off but he was on an easy lead. Twice he has been on loose leads and romped; twice he has had a horse in front of him and he lost. I think he will come out of the Derby a much better horse than going in. If he makes the lead and wins a la Winning Colors, War Emblem, Spend a Buck, then so be it, but I find that scenario highly, highly unlikely. I might throw him in a Pick 3 or a Pick 4 if he were 15-1 or so, but as a co-favorite or so, no thanks.

Obviously my comment on top reflects my opinion of the Oaks. IMHO, she is very,very, special. I think Baffert has been sitting with pocket aces since day one with this filly, and he has been blowing hard about Eden's Moon all spring to take attention away from this claasy miss.
Mamma Kimbo is no slouch.