View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 10:39 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
He's supposed to run in the Remsen. I agree that he's interesting. It would be funny if Mott trained the horse that actually finished first in this year's Derby.

Personally, I think Dennis' Moment should be favored. His BC was meaningless. While Tiz the Law lost nothing in defeat in my opinion, I still think he's less likely to win the Derby than Dennis' Moment. I also think the Derby favorite is no better than 30:1, and anyone taking a significantly lesser price on any horse is foolish.
I’d love that for Mott. It would provide a bit of redemption for him. He got a lot of unwarranted hate about the Derby disqualification.

For me, I’ve got Independence Hall at the top of my list but really want to see him replicate that around two turns. After that, it’s probably Dennis’ Moment and Tiz the Law. I’ve got a feeling that we could have a new favorite after the Los Al Futurity. Every horse in that race seems to have great potential and if any of them win convincingly then we’ll see the hype train start rolling. That should be a tremendous race.

As far as future wagers, they’re generally foolish bets but the gambler in me can’t pass up big odds on a horse that I like. I put some money on Green Light Go at 46-1 but even that seems like bad value given that he’s got a lot of question marks.