View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 06:55 PM
top predator.

my cousin Chris...@ age 18 three days before X-mas he and his brother were skiing in the berkshires...both were expert skiers on the US olympic development team...he was trying out new bindings and they were not set properly...when they pre-released he hit a tree going, god knows how fast and shattered 4 vertebrae in his lower spine. he has been paralyzed from the waist down since that day in 1989.
2 months after his accident he was back in college...he re-learned to ski using a monoski and has represented the United States' in several para-olympic games (he has earned more medals than any other athlete in the para-olympics)...he has also done some amazing things in the track and field wheelchair divisions.
He founded an adaptive ski program for disabled children and adults in Park City where he now lives and is a motivational speaker...he claims that his accident may be the best thing that ever happened to him.
And yet whenever people meet him the only thing they remember was that he was named one of People magazines 50 most beautiful people (I can't remember the year think it was '99 or '00)...Crazy world.

But that's who I admire.
http://www.uhgroup.com/ultimate-heal...Speakers&id=73

Last edited by paisjpq : 12-06-2006 at 07:04 PM.