View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar1966
Everyone has their hero's. I would have to say that my hero is my son. What makes him my hero. When he was born he was 14 ounces at birth. Very soon after he was born he was helicoptered to Children's Hospital in St. Louis. While there he was diagnosed with spastic cerebral palsy. The doctors didn't know what kind of life he would lead. They said it was possible he would not lead a very productive life. He also has a neurogenic bladder. But he has overcome all of these obstacles and leads a very productive life. He is now a freshman in school making mostly A's and a B here and there. He also wants to be a preacher or in the law field when he gets older. His dream of going to college is Harvard. Earlier this year he graduated from going to the Shriner's hospital. You want go to some where that will bring to near tears, go to a Shriner's hospital. It make you realize how precious life is. Shriner's hospital has done some wonderful work on my son.
It's amazing what kids can teach us,isn't it. They have the innate ability to deal with what comes their way. Prayers for your boy and family.