View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
I am not at that point, far from it. I have been with this company a little over two years. I started this job for some extra part time income to pay down some bills and have a little "fun" money. I went from making $8.10 an hour to becoming a Department Manager in a little over a year. This company has a fantastic benefits package, their 401k is second to none in what they match etc etc..

Also, in all honesty, my job experience is not stable prior to this job. I bounced around from job to job in great part because of some personal demons that I was fighting. So, it is extremely important for me to give this company everything I got because they trusted me enough and put me in this position forgiving my terrible work experience from 1999 thru 2006. I have not missed a beat with them.

It is just so frustrating as a Department Manager to have a great crew of hard working folks and have this one bad apple that will no doubt cause problems and possibly be a bad influence on others. I spoke to another Department Manager and he had a great suggestion. As long as he is in his 45 day probationary period schedule him in as early as possible and let him be late a couple more times or no call no show. Then, jump above our HR Manager and take the facts to the Regional HR Manager. Honestly, I feel I should do that this week regardless.
Curt: only problem is that you and the HR man aren't on the same page yet! before you go over his head you better have mucho ammo and be prepared to back down (be diplomatic) if it gets too political! Scorched earth is bad in retrospect.