View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Saratoga

Ouija Board update, from Sporting Life.....

CHAMPION OPTION FOR BRILLIANT BOARD
By Chris Wilson, PA Sport

Ouija Board could again lock horns with Alexander Goldrun in the Baileys Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown on September 9.

Ed Dunlop's five-year-old produced a performance of the highest order to defeat Jim Bolger's mare by the shortest of heads in a breathless finish to the Vodafone Nassau Stakes at Goodwood on Saturday.

The Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf and the Hong Kong Vase at Sha Tin are likely to remain the long-term objectives for the six-time Group One winner.

However, Dunlop has not ruled out the possibility of Ouija Board making a return to competitive action in a month's time.

"It's early days but she will let me know if she needs a break, it's as simple as that," said the Newmarket-based handler.

"If she looks like she wants a break or we are not happy with her, we'll have a break.

"But first options would be the Irish Champion Stakes or the Prix Vermeille (over 12 furlongs at Longchamp on September 10).

"She has lost a normal amount of weight for a mare but has come out of the race well.

"There was no trouble with her overnight and she is sound.

"She's been out in the paddock on Sunday morning and seems fine so all's well that ends well."