View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
If it wasn't for Mine That Bird's inscutable effort today, we would have seen three relative mediocrities hit the wire together in one of the slowest KY Derbies in modern history. Now, instead of endlessly hearing about how wonderful a horse Pioneer of the Nile is, and one that only synthetic haters failed to see the obvious greatness of, we can all scratch our heads as to how this otherwise " slow " horse could destroy today's field.

I guess two things happened, the good horses all scratched for various reasons in the weeks leading up to the race and one horse loved the off-going....and the rest just aren't that good or completely didn't show up.

Today's Derby, which had a great deal of promise a month ago, ended up being a shell of its possible self, and one run on a sloppy surface that ultimately answered few questions. But at least it didn't produce a slew of undeserved accolades. For that I am thankful.

Poor Jon White. His triple crown dream for POTN is gone. Thank god we won't have to listen to any of his nonsense anymore. I was so damn happy that POTN didn't win. One can only take so much of Baffert sticking his kid in front of every tv camera available.

Obviously nobody on this planet picked the winner...I looked right past him in the pp's....but hell...it's not like he barely won.....he smoked the field today...he deserves some credit. Plus his trainer is a riot....loved him basically telling the dude on NBC to go fu#k off at the end of the interview.