View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 02:34 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
The best?

When Barbaro won the Holy Bull. I knew then he was the derby winner, since I felt he only had to transfer half his grass ability over to the dirt. That horse was just incredible. He was the perfect horse.
The 2nd place finisher in that race ran in an Opt Claiming race at Calder last month......and was dead last, beaten over 20 lengths, at 9/5 odds.

I remember all the annoying people who were trying to say Great Point ran a better race than Barbaro that day---and basing that opinion on what they believed was a speed biased track that day. ('Sup Mike Watchmaker)

If there was any bias to the track that day, it was certainly that the outside paths seemed to offer much better footing than the inside. Great Point was very wide.

I'm sure this poster would say that he remembers all the annoying people who thought Barbaro was rather unimpressive in victory that day....and tried to convince him of that minutes after the race. ('Sup DrugS)

A few minutes after the race he made a 'Great Point' that Barbaro got very sloppy with his action late, and the big close by the 2nd place finisher was a total illusion, as he was never going to pass Barbaro. However, to suggest that Barbaro winning the Holy Bull over a certified bum was a top moment of the year, that is certainly no Great Point if you ask me.