View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 06:57 PM
Oriental Park

I don't think that you could go wrong with either choice. Both of the cards appear to be very strong. I'm sure that whatever you choose most of us will be interested in the Arkansas Derby because of its KY Derby implications. At this point Concert Tour will be one of the top contenders. Unfortunately it isn't as great a race for our contest purposes. Many of us would likely play it in much the same way in the points contest. The Count Fleet should be very interesting with a rematch of Whitmore and CZ Rocket. They put on a real show in the Hot Springs S. and should do so again. I just wish that the Racing Secretary didn't get carried away and write a 13 race card. I know that they all do that on big race days to maximize the handle, but sometimes it seems excessive.

The Keeneland card also looks to be of quality although the Lexington does not have the same Derby importance. It only yields 20 points to the winner compared to 100 to the winner of the Arkansas Derby. In fact the Jenny Wiley is probably the feature race on the card.

As I said before you are in the wonderful position of having two very nice choices. I am going to take a somewhat contrarian position by suggesting that having a so-called bonus race doesn't always add to the quality or enjoyability of our contest. For a major race most of us will pay attention to it whether or not it is part of our contest.

By the way congrats on your very strong points win last Saturday.