View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 10:19 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
I was born in 1985 so I don’t quite understand the fascination with the show Dallas, but I always assumed it was basically a glorified soap opera. Was it geared toward kids? I’m not following this line of argument as to why the TV show played into how a kid at the time would pick his favorite football team.
It was a soap opera. But just as we sat around and watched Gunsmoke and Bonanza and In the Heat of the Night with my grandma, we also watched Dallas and Dynasty. Plus, they also had the cheerleaders, who were so glamorous that they had their own show. Combine that with we always flew in/out of Dallas and for a youngster like myself, Dallas was the center of the known universe. Dad took me there for my first pro basketball game. The yearly trip to the Cotton Bowl for the Texas State Fair was the highlight of my life. Maybe it’s meaningless to you but I’m just saying how I latched on to the Cowboys. If I had wanted to chose a front runner, I would have chosen the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine