View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 11:22 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
The term “frontrunner” comes to mind
So let's see. I grew up in Memphis then South Carolina. No pro teams. For most NFL fans that grew up in the 70's and early 80's, if your hometown didn't have a team, you latched onto the Cowboys, Steelers, or Raiders. Because I was closest to Dallas and would always go down there with my grandma, and because I was enthralled with the Ewing family from the most popular show in tv at that time, I went with Dallas. But hey, all those Super Bowls we've won in the past 25 years really help.

My mom moved back to LA in 1980 so I was out there every summer. I had already been going every summer to see my grandparents. Even moved there as an adult. There is a team there that has won 18 titles, 11 of them in the past 41 years. You may have heard of the Lakers. Meanwhile, my team has won four in that same time span and went 22 years without one. But yeah, I guess picking Boston makes me a frontrunner.

I was seven when I started watching baseball. As a kid, the most popular player in the game was Reggie Jackson. They were on tv all the time, he had my same name, and hell, I could even pretend that the candy bar that was named after him was actually named after me. But hey, you're right. I only picked them cause of all the titles they won in the 20's and 30's. Classic front runner.

Again, I mention that I had a connection to LA because of my family. There was a pretty good college football team there at USC and a good basketball team at UCLA. Two national powerhouses. But did I chose them? Nope. I chose Duke because we played with those guys and that was before they had won their first title. I chose the Miami Hurricanes......because they had style and yep, you got me, cause they were the best team when I got really interested in college football. I guess you made your point. As usual, you got me.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine