Thread: NBA Playoffs
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
They would've been better off playing the Celts? The team they lost to at home without both Garnett and Allen on the floor? As opposed to the Magic, who lost to the Knicks and the Nets in the last week of the season? K.
Twas in the midst of their worst skid of the season. We gave up an 11 point lead in the 4th to your B team (you guys came back to win it with the Pierce on the bench for most of it too). We are capable of playing alot better than that, as seen in the Feb. 3rd 1 point loss against Boston, who was playing without KG b/c he was sick.

And after the Knicks beat the Magic in the last week, they had nothing to play for and practically shut it down for the games against the Nets and Bucks.

It's only my opinion, one that probably isn't echoed by the majority of the Sixers fanbase. I just think that we'd have an easier go at it against the Celts than we will have against the Magic, call me crazy.

The matchup debate wouldnt even matter if the Sixers were playing as piss poor as they were down the home stretch. We wouldve been swept by either team. Getting Thad back gives us a much needed boost at the PERFECT time and allows Dileo alot more wiggle room when it comes to tinkering with his bench. Without that, we're toast.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel