Thread: Joe says no
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I know about what he has done, but obviously Steinbrenner is a what have you done for me lately kind of guy. His record of firing in the past sort of shows this.

I just think the backlash is because Torre is such a likeable guy. Where was the backlash when Girardi got fired last year? Talk about overachieving. If I'm Steinbrenner, and I spend the money he does to get a winner, I expect to go to the playoffs and beyond, every year. They should be making the playoffs every year. They have the best players money can buy.

Obviously they have to perform, but it's not like Torre has been burdened with trying to make a winner out of second rate players. He has a virtual all star team. IMO Torre is a bad X's and O's guy and his decision making is mediocre.
It will be a LONG time before the Yankees get back to the Joe Torre level. He got them to 12 straight playoff appearances for Chirst Sakes! As a YANKEE fan for over 30 years, I remember ALL those years they were bad! Joe was one in million...business or not, he deserved better than this!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/