Thread: Joe says no
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I'm sure I am in the minority here and this is no dig on Torre. But the bottom line for Steinbrenner is championship rings. Torre was far and away the highest paid manager and under the deal they offered, he still would have been. What is wrong with basing a cut on Steinbrenner or whoever's thought that Torre wasn't doing a good job?

I know everyone loves Torre, but it's not a personal thing. It's business. Steinbrenner spends all of that money for a ring. I realize you cannot buy a ring, but sometimes you just need a change to light a fire in some guys. Personally I think Cashman should be gone too. He's made some awful moves.

Torre's a players manager and you'll be hard pressed to find someone who has a bad thing to say about him. But sometimes change is necessary. This was definitely one of those times.
torre, 3 rings, post season 12 years in a row.
20 years prior--NO rings.

who didn't think halfway thru this season that the yanks would miss the playoffs for the first time in over a decade? i doubt anyone honestly thought that they could pull things together, and get to the post season.