View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 06:17 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
Won by 17 lengths over the track and 59.3 final work over the surface, excuses his two other dirt races, 107 BRIS LP last time when galloping out in front, Keen Ice x Smart Strike stretching to 10f, dam a G1 winner at 9f and G1 placed at 10f, etc.

Likely? Of course not. But solely on the synopsis above? I've seen more "impossible" horses win.

My cousin and I have been discussing if we could have included him in our combined Pick 5 bet. We were alive going into the Derby and I had ended up convinced the pace would be hot.

We only used 4 horses in the Derby: Mo Donegal, Zandon, Messier, and White Abarrio. We could have easily scrapped Messier. We both soured on him late.

As one of the few deep closers in the field, could we have used Rich Strike instead? We looked at everything you’re saying and obviously there are things to like. But there are things to like about every horse.

Based on the figures, him only finishing 3rd in the Jeff Ruby, and him only having one win which was a maiden claimer, I don’t see how we could have possibly included him. His figures were improving but he needed to take a massive jump up.

Two people at our party had him though. One person just wanted the longest shot on the board. The other person is 6 years old. I’m going to guess that’s about 90% of people who had him.