View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
I made it clear to Beth and Steve that if they had any problem with him they should ban him. I also told this to Morty. I have reiterated this a number of times to each of them. He got NO special treatment from ANYBODY because he knew this board member.

Don't mean to offend, as others obviously have, but unfortunately I didn't get the benefit of a babysitter when I joined this forum. Nor do I need one. I suspect had I acted as Morty has managed to do over the course of a week, I would have been dismissed. It's plainly apparent what Morty's objective is in almost every, if not every, thread he has posted. And that is to provoke others and cause consternation in a play to get attention. Little am I to speak, as I've only been around here for a couple months but my only request is for him to show common decency to others and quit making it his objective to simply ANNOY everyone he encounters. If he continues to post in the manner he has, he deserves to be banned. Just as I would if I carried on the way he does.

And before everyone says just ignore him, I do; now. But, this is a FORUM in which members rely on others to partcipate in a manner which is conducive to the overall objectives of both promoting the sport of horse racing and becoming more informed fans. I don't mean that these are the only objectives, but probably the main objectives, and Morty has, so far, done little to further either of them. Instead, this has been his playground to frustrate, or "vaporize", as many members as he can.

Please, I don't want a reaction, I am more than capable of forgiving another and moving on. But, one has to prove themself worthy of being taken seriously when they have promoted themself as Morty has. And, in my opinion, in order to be taken seriously, a degree of transparency is required. The detective act and his "finest work" is probably more suited for another setting, such as the role-playing community... just my opinion. This seemed to be the appropriate place to say such a thing.

As we were...