View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 07:36 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Does it? If Messier or any other horse is legit, they can switch trainers and just run him in the final round of preps. If the horse finishes top 2, it’ll probably have enough points to start in the Kentucky Derby.

I think we’ll see them switch trainers if the Churchill ban is not overturned. Maybe Churchill should have prevented any horse that runs for Baffert in 2022 from running in the Derby. But I think they would have had a tougher fight if they did that.

I don’t know enough about all of this but I do think wealthy horse owners continuing to send their horses to Baffert and trainers like him despite his record of violations and deaths will ultimately usher in the downfall of the entire sport. You can’t sit up there and talk about how much you care about the horses while knowingly sending your horses to trainers like him. And once a large enough portion of the public believes that owners are full of crap when they say they care about the horses, it’s basically over.
Messier goes kind of funny, like that hoss you loved Vekoma. He kind of throws that left front out and around. He took off like a shot at one point early stretch which was impressive.

Bonus question. What Buddy Holly tune am I listening to right now ?

Last edited by Alabama Stakes : 02-08-2022 at 07:56 PM.