View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 04:18 PM
Oriental Park

Cal, that is a painful choice that you are describing, but it sounds like a wise one. Most of this year has been simply awful, but with good judgment and perhaps a bit of good fortune, we can safely make it to the time when an effective vaccine will provide added safety and protection.

Our Thanksgiving will be very different this year and it saddens me a lot. Our house has always been the place where everyone gathered for the Thanksgiving feast, gradually expanding to the long adult's table and the place where all the fun stuff happens, the kid's table. I have had the pleasure of opening the wine, offering some banal toast and then in my best Dumbledore imitation, saying, "Let the feast...begin"

Our daughters and we have decided to be cautious and not have our traditional gathering. Our youngest grandson has been tasked with figuring out a way to have a virtual gathering [perhaps by zoom], but I will miss the hugs and the chaos of passing all of the many platters and even the mock argument over the final slice of pie.

This too shall pass.