View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 05:46 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar View Post
Please explain how you will evaluate whether I was "right". Does my bet have to win to be right? If so, we have a very different definition of 'good bet'.

How about if my horse goes off at lower odds in the Derby than my odds in the Future Wager, does that make me right? If so, how will you evaluate a bet on All Others? (I can help you with that one if you're stumped.)

It's true that someone saying 'it's hard' or 'there's no value' will not get me to change my mind.

Calling someone "intellectually dishonest" because they disagree with you is pretty silly.

Just because you cannot see an edge in a game or a certain kind of bet, it does not mean that someone else cannot.
LOL

How much is your ticket worth if you bet a horse in the future pool at 30-1, he goes off 5-1 in the Derby and runs 16th?

Right means making money. That’s what this is all about. If you feel like you’ve found an edge and can spot underlays in future pools....more power to you. But at the end of the day, if you’re not actually making money who gives a sh.it?

Plus...saying you have an edge and actually having one are two different things. For all of your posts on the matter I can’t recall many (if any) actual opinions on horses. So how would anyone know if you have an edge? Where is the proof?

Finally, I didn’t call you intellectually dishonest...yet. I said your analogy was. If you’re still stumped on what the difference between the two is I can help you out.