Thread: Breeders' Cup
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:43 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockguy View Post
My trip in very quick summary form.

I enjoyed California for 3 weeks before the breeders cup - the women are really lovely here, if someone can get me an actuary job, ill take it in a second!

Breeders Cup Friday - I bumped into our very own racing celeb Steve Byk and his lovely wife Tina - got a photo with him!

Told the big posse I was with that Flotilla was a great bet - I think one of the guys won a few grand as a result - in fact if you watch the replay you can actually see me going crazy in the infield just under the big screen.

I met the other big racing celeb and fellow European Jeremy Edge - I got a photo with him.

Saturday was a very warm day - thank god someone brought suncream or I'd have been like a lobster.

It was very much an up and down day, had a few nice winners like Trinniberg and Fort Larned but had some tough losses in the Turf and Juvenile - and just before the juvenile I was thrown into a photo with Paul Reddam whose horse nearly gave me a super payoff!

Judy Courtland (as mentioned on another thread!) spotted me in the crowd before the last race and I had to get a photo with her - lovely girl.

Right at the end, I managed to have a nice chat with Christina Olivares and got my photo with her as well - lovely girl.

I jumped on a flight Saturday night from LAX straight to Melbourne - It was a long old way for a horse racing but well worth it.

Melbourne Cup day was absolutely epic, such a super day - 105k at it. I was there with the mother and plenty of relations - we all backed Dunaden who disappointed greatly and Jakkalberry who ran a belter at 80-1 so everyone of us, without exception won plenty of cash and we had a brilliant night.

We went again on Thursday for Oaks day which is ladies day and was a gorgeous day - the spring carnival in Melbourne is absolutely fantastic.
I'm glad someone made some cash at the BC, I bet one winner over two days and my (over the top) bet on Animal Kingdom cut deep, that horror run will replay in my mind for years to come.

One day...... somewhere in the world, we may actually bump into eachother.

I may have a crack at Leopardstown some time over christmas, or possibly Limerick.

Will you be going back to SA next year? I think I've already locked it in.

and now we murderers because we kill time